Saturday, January 12, 2013

X-O Manowar (Retro Concept)

Welcome,

     Last year as I was getting my feet wet, Valiant Comics rose from the ashes and created a firestorm on the Internet with news of bringing long gone characters back to the limelight, I chose to make a piece or two for them. That being said, I chose to do a neo/retro mix to help mix it up because at the time, no one knew if or how they were going to redesign his costume. The new version of X-O was designed by Jelena Kevic Djurdjevic.

X-O Manowar is Copyright Valiant Entertainment, All Rights Reserved

I think the redesign was wonderful and wished I would have done the new version, but hey, everyone loves something original from time to time. That all being said, I will shut up and show you what I came up with with the assistance from James Anderson again. His colors made it shine and to this day, the colors made all the difference. Enjoy!



I hope you enjoyed this post, keep coming back as I am still repopulating this site with much of my older work as daily posts until I get caught back up.


Cliff England Comic Art
"Stupid is a choice.." - Jim Brown
     

No comments: